Saturday, May 19, 2012

Something I'm kinda proud of

Last summer I designed and made costumes for a summer theatre play Rollo and the Woods Sprite (Rölli ja metsänhenki in finnish). It was my "final" school project, thesis, which is kinda thing to show teachers what you've learned over the years and such. It was my first "solo" designing project and OH MY it was demanding. Play had 26 actors, lots of dancing, wire tricks, etc.
The whole process of designing and making all those costumes was stressful as h*ll, I had to work long hours and keeping director and actors AND myself as a designer happy with the costumes was (and always is) difficult. But in the end it was all worth it and I would do all that again without a doubt. The feeling you get when you see your own creations on stage for the first time is priceless.

Anyways, here's some pictures ((c) Noora Pasanen and Carita Huttunen). Looking through them always makes me happy.
"I made them"






There's another person under the skirt, she's not really that tall. (shhh, it's a secret)



No comments:

Post a Comment