Tuesday, May 8, 2012

School work, take 2 (Warning: picture heavy)

Earlier I posted some pics of my historical gown which at that point was still in the making. Now it's ready so here's some pics of all those billion layers that goes into that outfit. Note that a dressform isn't as curvy as humans are, so clothes look a bit meh. If I someday get good pics of somebody wearing it (most likely me), then I'll probably add them to this post.

So, what goes into this outfit:
Put on a chemise..
..a corset..
(same corset from behind)
...hoopskirt...
...petticoat...
...kirtle (not ready in this pic)...
(decorative trim on the hem of the finished kirtle)
...main gown...
...foresleeves...
...some bling bling...
...girdle (a.k.a. fancy belt thingy)...
...and Voilá! oh, and don't forget French hood (that hat thing)
All pieces made by me, including jewelry.
It takes a long time to get into that gown and you need somebody to help you get dressed, but it's a lot of fun to wear anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment